|Job Title:||Nurse Practitioner|
|Salary (please specify hourly/monthly/yearly):||Generous hourly rate plus benefits and paid vacation|
|Application Open Date:||July 6, 2022|
|Application Close Date:||Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found|
|Job Time Commitment:||Full Time|
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
We are currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner who would be interested in a full time position at CFB Cold Lake. This clinic provides primary care services elusively to members of the Canadian Forces who are posted to CFB Cold Lake. This is an extremely unique, dedicated and engaged patient population!
Calian understands the importance of a healthy work-life balance. This position offers:
• Generous allotment of time for booked appointments, giving you the opportunity to provide quality care
• A fully functional clinic with access to diagnostic and support services within the clinic or the local community
• Regular weekday hours with no evening or weekend work (Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4 pm)
• Attractive and competitive compensation
The Nurse Practitioner is a key member of the primary health care delivery unit team, working in collaboration with their multi-disciplinary team members to promote health protection and deliver quality care for serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces.
• Performs comprehensive health assessments using sound clinical, judgment, diagnostic and therapeutic skills
• Practices autonomously, and is solely accountable for his/her actions while practicing
• Consults with physicians or other health care professionals when the client’s condition requires care beyond the scope of NP practice
• Makes appropriate medical employment limitation recommendations in accordance with the Surgeon General’s guidelines
• Prescribes medications and orders x-rays, ultrasounds, and lab tests in accordance with the Standards of Practice for RN’s in the Extended Class
• Implements strategies to promote health and prevent illness with individuals, families or groups
• Collaborates on the management of Members with stable chronic illnesses (such as diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia and asthma) through a predetermined referral process
• Refers patients to other providers or programs according to the patient’s needs
• Registered as a Nurse Practitioner within the Province of Alberta
• CPR/AED Level C certificate
Job Application Methods