|Job Title:||Nurse Practitioner – Primary Health Care (Virtual Platform – Express Care Online)|
|Salary (please specify hourly/monthly/yearly):||65.00/hourly|
|Application Open Date:||8/11/2021|
|Application Close Date:||9/11/2021|
|Job Time Commitment:||Casual|
ABOUT CLEVELAND CLINIC
As a global, academic medical centre, Cleveland Clinic has provided world class patient care to people from around the world since 1921. Our ongoing commitment to innovation and research has led to many incredible medical firsts including the first coronary artery bypass. These extraordinary credentials along with our passion for our patients have generated global recognition and demand for our model of care. Cleveland Clinic Canada, the Canadian location of the Cleveland Clinic, opened in 2006 and is located in downtown Toronto. Our multi-disciplinary team of clinicians provides a variety of medical and wellness services that help prevent disease and improve overall quality of life. To learn more visit http://www.clevelandclinic.ca.
Reporting to the Clinical Lead of Digital Health & Express Care, the role of the NP is to:
• Assess and evaluate patient care for patients with emphasis on diagnosis and management of acute concerns. Education on health promotion and illness prevention opportunities where appropriate.
• Provide leadership to promote program development, process improvements and the enhancement of professional standards within the clinic
• Act as a clinical resource for nurses and other health care professionals
• Work collaboratively with patients, physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary team to develop a plan of care
• Coordinate internal/external referrals (follow up) to facilitate best clinical practice as required
• Articulate and demonstrates the integration of the NP-PHC role through research, education and consultation
• Virtual Care***
• Improving patient outcomes along the continuum of care through the facilitation of evidence-based or best practice guidelines, by intra-disciplinary and interdisciplinary collaboration, by participation in research, by the provision of leadership and through education of patients, staff and others
• A leadership role in the development, implementation and evaluation of relevant procedures, policies, guidelines and standards of care that support patients and their families
• Work collaboratively with physicians in the follow up of test results to ensure quality care
• And other responsibilities as may arise
• Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario (and out of province registrations as indicated)
• Nurse Practitioner- Primary Health Care certificated required
• Superior skills in assessment and diagnosis
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification preferred
• Three to five years of recent clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner- Primary Health Care
• Experience in urgent care an asset
• Ability to give injections
• Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication and the process of change
• Demonstrated excellence in communication, team building, and the ability to initiate and model positive change
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other members of the interdisciplinary team
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability in the areas of independent clinical practice, program development and implementation, and education
CLEVELAND CLINIC ORGANIZATION-WIDE COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS:
All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organization-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position.
Customer Service Orientation includes attitude, behaviour, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
Adaptability includes teamwork, flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities, adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
Efficiency and Effectiveness includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
Essential Job Requirements includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, as well as maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
Managerial Responsibilities (if applicable) includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
Job Application Methods
Lauren Yager, Human Resources Manager
Email is preferred