|Nurse Practitioner – FT and PT
|Salary (please specify hourly/monthly/yearly):
|$107,686.00 – $131,037.00
|Application Open Date:
|February 24, 2023
|Application Close Date:
|March 20, 2023
|Job Time Commitment:
We are looking for a full-time Nurse Practitioner. The Nurse Practitioner will provide comprehensive nursing services and care to patients within the Primary Care Network. The Nurse Practitioner will assess, plan, implement and evaluate patients of all ages. The Nurse Practitioner will be an integrated team member working to their full scope of practice within the primary care setting. Experience with pediatric and vulnerable populations is an asset.
The Nurse Practitioner will work with the family physicians in the community, other health professionals and local and regional programming in a multidisciplinary environment to ensure a high quality of evidence-based health care to the practice population.
The Nurse Practitioner will report to a Primary Care Manager.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• To work collaboratively in a patient centred, integrated team-based practice within a primary care setting.
• To participate in the care of individual patients of all ages, practice populations and associated communities.
• To assist in the development and delivery of disease management and health promotion programs and provide appropriate care and treatment according to currently accepted evidence based practice.
• To provide restricted activities and care within the full scope of practice as defined under the Health Professions Act (HPA).
• To make professional, competent and autonomous decisions with patients as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
• To act as a nursing resource to other multidisciplinary team members, healthcare institutions and community agencies or programs.
• To ensure accurate, objective and timely clinical documentation in the appropriate medical record.
• Master of Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner focus
• Experience in Pediatrics
• Current College & Association of Registered Nurses licensure
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare provider
• Vehicle/license – when appropriate
• Previous experience:
o Primary care setting
o Electronic Medical Record
o Group facilitation/instruction
o Health behaviour change methods (eg Motivational Interviewing)
• Written and verbal skills
• Understand the Alberta privacy laws and act according to those laws.
Job Application Methods
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply with your resume and cover letter directly through our website http://www.edmontonsouthsidepcn.ca