Congratulations on embarking on the exciting journey to become a Nurse Practitioner. As a student, you are the future of NP practice in Alberta, and joining the NPAA is an ideal way to stay informed, have a voice and help shape the profession’s coming years. The NPAA welcomes student members and offers many benefits including:
- A connection to practicing NPs all over Alberta
- Awareness of the vast areas of NP practice in Alberta
- Potential connection to NPs who may preceptor or mentor you through your education and first few years of practice
- Increased awareness of barriers that affect NP practice in Alberta and opportunity to be part of the movement for change.
- Allows your voice to be heard at the government level regarding NP practice including tool kits to help you in advocacy.
- Opportunities for involvement, such as volunteering on committees, or at the annual conference.