Thank you for purchasing an NPAA membership. Your partnership with the NPAA increases Alberta Nurse Practitioner’s collective voice in advocacy with public policy makers, key stakeholders, and government bodies. If you are an NP student and are not yet an NPAA member, support your profession by purchasing an NPAA membership at https://albertanps.com/product/npaastudentmembership/
NP Student Practicum Placements Within AHS
Many NP students require NP practicum placements. We encourage Alberta Nurse Practitioners to direct NP students to the official student placement page on the AHS website, as requested by Alberta Health Services.
AHS uses a student placement software tool called the Health Sciences Placement network (HSPnet) to coordinate, document and track placements. HSPnet is the central database used by our Post-Secondary affiliates to request each placement. We have identified and trained appropriate front-line contacts to receive NP student placement requests via HSPnet.
This means that all requests for NP student placements, including those for AHS staff, should be received at the front-lines via HSPnet. The Student Placement team mitigates risk by legitimizing each request.
This enable Alberta Health Services to Ensure that:
· the student is genuinely enrolled in a program of study by connecting with faculty
· an AHS contract (Student Placement Agreement) exists to cover the placement
· the NP student has a current CARNA licence
· WCB coverage is in place
· $5 million Canadian indemnity exists to cover the student during the placement
· Police Information Check with Vulnerable sector search are clear
· Immunization status is acceptable
· Student orientation is completed
· Network and Netcare access is established
Please visit http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/careers/Page11687.aspx to find placements within Alberta Health Services. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org