|Job Time Commitment:
Who We Are: The Shifra Centre for wellness is an interdisciplinary maternal and newborn clinic in Cochrane, Alberta. We offer a variety of services including Midwifery Care, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Registered Massage Therapy, Chiropractic Care, Pelvic Health Physiotherapy, and Lactation Consultation. Our primary focus is women’s health, specializing in pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, and postpartum care. Our vision is to provide woman-centered, evidence based holistic care for mental, physical, and spiritual wellness. Our skilled practitioners work alongside each other to offer specialized care to each individual through an integrated care approach.
The Opportunity: Are you looking to build a panel of clients while working alongside an integrated team of holistic and natural health practitioners? Do you have the desire to grow your individual practice while being supported by a team of health practitioners and professionals with similar values? Shifra Centre for Wellness is looking for qualified Nurse Practitioner(s) to join our team in providing comprehensive and individualized health care to our clients and their families.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide primary health care for clients and their families transitioning out of midwifery care
- Examine clients and take their histories, order laboratory test, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures
- Consult with other medical practitioners to evaluate clients’ health
- Collaborate with in-house Registered Midwives on client care as required
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments
- Manage all aspects of client care and actively collaborate with other team members
- Provide external and inter-clinic referrals as required
- Must be registered with the College of Registered Nurses of Alberta
- Must hold Nurse Practitioner Certification and possess 5+ years of experience
- Experience in providing primary care in a family focused environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and their families
- Previous experience in a holistic/natural health setting or midwifery setting is an asset
- Ability to work alongside an interdisciplinary team of health professionals in a collaborative family focused work environment
This posting will stay open until the right candidate(s) have been found. We thank you for your interest, only suitable potential candidates will be contacted.
Job Application Methods
If interested, or for more information please send resumes to Ashley Smith, Director of Operations at email@example.com