|Job Title:||Nurse Practitioner|
|Salary (please specify hourly/monthly/yearly):||$42.08 – $60.99 per hour|
|Application Open Date:||Open|
|Application Close Date:||Job Posting will remain open until suitable candidate is found.|
|Job Time Commitment:||Full Time|
Wolf Creek Primary Care Network (PCN) consists of the following communities: Sylvan Lake, Lacombe, Bentley, Rimbey, Ponoka, Innisfail, and Delburne. This Full-time position is available within the Ponoka, Alberta community.
Vision: Leading Edge Primary Care
Mission: Delivering the Patient Centered Medical Home through Innovative, Collaborative and Comprehensive Multidisciplinary Care
The employees of the PCN are exceptional and describe their colleagues as passionate, collaborative, and innovative.
The Nurse Practitioner will provide comprehensive nursing services and care to patients within the Primary Care Network. The Nurse Practitioner will be an integrated team member working to their full scope of practice within the primary care setting. The Nurse Practitioner will work with the family physicians in the community, other health professionals and local and regional programming in a multidisciplinary environment to ensure a high quality of evidence-based health care to the practice population. The Nurse Practitioner will report to the PCN Executive Director.
• Work collaboratively in a patient-centered, integrated team-based practice within a primary care setting.
• Perform patient health assessments and health maintenance activities (eg. history, wellness exams, pap tests and breast exams, prenatal care, well baby visits, and immunizations).
• Provide virtual/telephone patient care.
• Monitor the ongoing therapy of patients with chronic stable illnesses by providing pharmacological and counseling interventions.
• Screen for the presence of chronic illnesses (eg. respiratory illnesses, ear and throat, gastrointestinal, genital urinary infections, and dermatology) and injuries.
• Offer phone consultation/triage for acute episodic illness.
• Conduct examinations using an age/sex specific list of recommended preventative interventions and risk assessment.
• Consistently record and document in the patient’s electronic medical record (EMR).
• Formulate and communicate medical diagnoses and disorders. Determine the need for, order and interpret X-Rays, ECGs, and diagnostic ultrasound.
• Prescribe drugs from an approved list.
• To provide restricted activities and care within the full scope of practice as defined under the Health Professions Act (HPA).
• To make professional, competent, and autonomous decisions with patients as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
• To act as a nursing resource to other multidisciplinary team members, healthcare institutions and community agencies or programs.
• Consult with physicians in accordance with the standards for physician consultation.
• Liaison with other team members as required.
• Arrange for external specialist consultations
• Provide communication to hospital and community staff and other inter-professional agencies.
• Act as a nursing resource to other multidisciplinary team members, healthcare institutions and community agencies or programs.
Competencies & Behaviors
• Master of Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner focus
• Current College & Association of Registered Nurses licensure
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare provider
• Must be licensed to work with the family/all ages patient population
• Vehicle/license – when appropriate
• Previous experience:
• Minimum 3 years of directly related experience in a primary health care, community health nursing, or ambulatory care nursing, with an emphasis on primary care services (primary and secondary prevention, intervention, and maintenance/support). Other nursing experience will be considered.
Prefer experience in one or more of the following areas: long-term care/lodge/homebound, chronic pain, medically/socially complex patients, chronic disease management, same day acute care, or botox for headaches.
• Electronic Medical Record, and other databases such as NetCare
• Group facilitation/instruction
• Health behaviour change methods (e.g., Motivational Interviewing)
• Written and verbal skills
• Understand the Alberta privacy laws and act according to those laws.
• Master’s Degree (Required)
• BLS (Required)
• Registered Nurse (Required)
Job Application Methods
Please submit Resume and Cover letter to: email@example.com.