Applications are accepted from January 2 to April 30 of each year for schooling in the fall of the same calendar year.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Applicants will be advised of their status by the end of July.
The Nurse Practitioner Bursary is a non-repayable bursary you can receive if you agree to live and work in northern Alberta (JPG, 919 KB). Your return of service is one year of full-time employment as a Nurse Practitioner for each year of bursary support received.
The Nurse Practitioner Bursary is a return service bursary of $10,500 or $21,000 per year for up to 3 years of the nurse practitioner program.
If you are selected for the bursary, you will receive a $10,500 bursary. You agree to work and live anywhere in northern Alberta (JPG, 919 KB) (one year for each $10,500 bursary) upon completion of your program.
Using the Bursary Partnership Application, completed by you and your sponsor, you may receive $21,000 per year ($10,500 per year from the Northern Alberta Development Bursary (NADB) program and another $10,500 per year from the sponsor). Upon completion of your studies, you agree to live and work in the area specified by your sponsor (one year for each $21,000 bursary).
Important to consider
- The NADB program does not match students and sponsors for this bursary option.
- Students must apply for the bursary for each year they want to be considered.
- Selected recipients sign a return of service agreement with Advanced Education.
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person.
- Resident of Alberta for 12 consecutive months before the start of your program.
- Have applied for or enrolled in a full-time Nurse Practitioner program.
- The school and the program must be designated for provincial funding.
- Plan to live and work in northern Alberta (JPG, 919 KB) upon completion of your program and sign a return of service agreement.
- Must not be in default of a provincial student loan.