|Salary (please specify hourly/monthly/yearly):
|$70 – $80 per hour
|Application Open Date:
|December 15, 2023
|Application Close Date:
|Until all positions are filled.
|Job Time Commitment:
Medical Clinic at Southpointe is a veteran-owned and operated integrated healthcare clinic in the heart of Fort Saskatchewan. We are comprised of a diversified team of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, a General Surgeon, a Registered Nurse, a Chiropractor, Massage Therapists, a Behavioral Health Consultant and an amazing administration team. Alongside family healthcare and clinical integrated services, we also run weekly Well Women’s Clinics for all related women’s health and a Veterans Support program to assist with their complex needs.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Nurse Practitioners (NP) to join our team. These NPs will provide direct care and partners with other health care team members to provide a holistic approach to patient care.
Highlights of the Role
● $70 – $80 / hour
● Flexible work schedule
● Fort Saskatchewan, AB (25 minutes northeast of downtown Edmonton)
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) works in close collaboration with physicians and interdisciplinary teams to support veterans and their families’ healthcare needs. The NP works autonomously to diagnose, order and interpret diagnostic tests, prescribe pharmaceuticals, and perform procedures within the legislated scope of practice and where required. The NP is accountable at all times for their own practice consistent with relevant legislation, and professional and ethical standards.
• Conducts and administers individual patient assessments and treatment – health assessment, ordering laboratory tests, diagnoses, treating illness, and prescribing medications, procedures, counselling, and regular patient follow-up to promote health.
• Creates patient plans as a follow-up to assessments.
• Makes internal and external referrals as appropriate.
• Coordinates appropriate diagnostic tests and procedures independently and/or in consultation with family physicians.
• Participates as a clinical team member for complex and specialized care.
• Stays informed on the latest research developments and integrates new practices or treatments as appropriate.
• Maintains detailed and accurate medical records, ensuring compliance with protocols and regulatory requirements.
• Monitors patient responses to treatments manage adverse events or complications and collaborates closely with the team to ensure patient safety.
• Leads initiatives to optimize clinical processes, improving patient care and treatment outcomes.
Ideal Candidate Profile
You will enjoy a successful career at the Medical Clinic at Southpointe if you align with our core values and possess the competencies, skills, and experience we are looking for.
Integrity – We serve every individual fairly, honestly, ethically and respectfully. We fulfill our mission with empathy and transparency. We honor every client and provide a safe space to heal.
Compassion – We understand and deeply care about the diverse needs of our clients, staff and community. We provide non-judgmental services to provide a safe space to heal.
Innovation – We find new and evidenced-based ways to provide a clear path to services that are easily accessible, caring, and right for each individual. We continually seek to make our systems more responsible, efficient, and effective.
Accountability – We are stewards of an important service and we are accountable to our partners, staff, and clients.
Collaboration – We strive to work together with each other and with our partners to serve our clients and achieve our vision.
Compassion – Genuinely cares about people
Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
Communication – Is able to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted and can present information with sensitivity and care
Listening – Practices attentive and active listening, and has the patience to hear people out
Managing and Measuring Work – Monitors process, progress, and results
Peer Relationships – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all
Skills, Qualifications and Key Accomplishments
● Master of Nursing – Nurse Practitioner
● Valid license with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
● Skilled in program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
● Able to take initiative and demonstrate proactive/preventative care.
● Exceptional organization and personal skills, positive and results-focused attitude, and excellent written and oral communication skills
● Advanced clinical nursing skills; additional training relevant to practice is an asset.
● Computer competency and familiarity with an EMR.
● Experience and/or interest in supporting veterans and their families’ healthcare needs, including complex care and community healthcare.
Job Application Methods
Job Application methods (url/email/mailing address):
How to Apply
● To apply simply forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
● Our team is looking forward to reviewing your information. You can expect confirmation that your information has been received within one business day. This communication will explain the next steps and request any additional information as required.
● At this time, we are expanding and require multiple positions. This posting will remain active until all positions have been filled.
MEDICAL CLINIC AT SOUTHPOINTE is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, ethnic origin, ancestry, age, place of origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital or family status.
It is our policy to select the best qualified person for each position within our organization on the basis of demonstrated ability, experience, training and potential.
This policy applies to all of our employment and personnel practices, including decisions regarding hiring, transfer, promotion, demotion and dismissal.
Please visit us at: https://www.yourmedicalhome.ca/
Thank you for your interest!